Sunday, March 18, 2007

Germany and Austria




The following day we travel through Germany via our motor coach with a stop at in a small village for lunch and to board a ferry for a scenic ride down the Rhine where we passed little hamlets and fairy castles in the air.


After a night in Germany with some beer sampling with dinner we left early the next morning passing the blue Danube River (which really was blue) and crossed into Austria where the hills were really alive with the sound of music! A short shopping stop in Innsbruck where a quick summer shower cooled us off. The rest of the drive took us through the Dolmites into Cortina, Italy where I finally got to practice my Italian with two fine gentlemen who engaged me in conversation and bought me a cup of cafe. I knew I was going to enjoy the next 10 days in Italy!

No comments: