Sunday, March 18, 2007

Tuscany and Florence



After our stay near the Mediterranean where I swam in turquoise blue water that was warm and inviting we headed north the Tuscan Region of Italy. We passes fields of sunflowers, olive trees, vineyards. We ended up in a town near Florence where I spent the next day in that marvelous city climbing to the top of the Duomo, walking the streets, shopping, sketching the gates of paradise, eating lunch on the Ponte Vechio and spending hours in the Uffizi Gallery with the likes of Botticelli, Giotto and Brunelleschi.....I could have stayed in Florence forever.

2 comments:

Sandy said...

Marta I just found your travel sketches and I am Loving Them!!! makes me so excited to know I am going to Europe this fall - I Love everysingle blog entry!

Anonymous said...

More great memories. It's like taking a virtual tour surfing thru your blog.