Sunday, March 18, 2007

Europe: Summer 2006, Paris

This past summer on my travels through Europe I tried to sketch moments that caught my interest. As a result I have a treasure even more special than the hundreds of photographs I took. I hope you enjoy my little watercolor memories.










Finally, my favorite city in the whole world: Paris! I was here for a week 2 years previous and fell in love. This trip was much too short but I managed to fit in all my favorite spots and eat the most divine food! My favorite sketching site ended up being near the carousal in Montmarte where I watched as children played and their mommies visited and kept close watch.

The trip was over 18 days after we started from California, USA to London and back. It was so much fun to capture these vignettes of the places I was most privileged to visit.


2 comments:

dibujandoarte said...

Marta, very nice watercolors. It's great you could journal your trip to Europe in drawings. nice work and encouraging task. i'm usually shy to draw in public. I also like your watercolors in your other blog, especially the child's portrait.

Anonymous said...

OOohhhh, Paris! One day hopefully I will get my chance to see it in person. Thanks for sharing your sketches.